Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a Trip







We started our journey to Nauvoo via Chicago. I know "St Louis is closer to Nauvoo", but St Louis does not have the shopping like Chicago...Anyway, we spent sometime in Chicago(ate deep dish pizza of coarse). Chicago is a wonderful city at this time of the year. A little like New York (for those of you who know how much we like NY), but not quite the energy! We went on to Nauvoo in our covered wagon..ok, our rented Dodge Caravan. Nauvoo was a magnificent trip. I suggest every LDS family go and take your children. Reagan said she will never forget this trip. We spent 2 full days (not enough time) soaking Nauvoo in and really learning alot. Like, Why was coffee and tea on the required list to go West?? I needed an explanation, if not I was on my way to Starbucks!!Anyway, we went to Land and Record and found Todds great-great-great grandfathers land and where he lived in Nauvoo.The story goes that when the Saints left Nauvoo they did not sell their property. So we want what is rightfully ours!!(Us and 8000 other Cluffs) It was a very spiritual experience, one that my family and I will never forget.

8 comments:

Louise said...

Gorgeous temple and kids, Todd's pretty cute too! Glad you had such a wonderful trip!!

Joe and Jake Est. 1990 said...

This is a really special trip! You are such a cute family and I love you all !

Amanda said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I have always wanted to do that. Did you find anything good in Chicago?
You know you have super cute kids - Reese and Jonah will be friends - don't get too attached to those replacements :)

The Schaefer's said...

Holy Cow, what a pizza pie! I've never seen anything like it. I'm glad you had such a good time. You'll have to venture to Kirtland & Hiram, Ohio and then on to Palmyra, NY.

Danelle and Clint said...

Over the summer, we had plannd on visiting Nauvoo. That was just after the Mississippi River was overflowing. When I called to check on the hotel, they were still accepting guests but offered a detour route due to road flooding. So, at the last minute, we headed to Hot Springs, Ar. We still want to go and will plan it soon. Any must-sees to pass on...send them my way! I can not believe how tall Reagan is. She is going to pass you up soon:)And I'm really glad to hear Reese is a keeper!

Tiffany said...

Wow! Doesn't just the picture of the Nauvoo Temple bring tears to your eyes? What a neat trip! I'm glad Reesey Piecey was such a good boy. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Bridget Andersen said...

And they said angels were pushing those carts at times, now we know it was all the caffeine from the "required coffee and tea". If the trek west "requires" it I think being a mother is one trek that can't proceed with out it either. Oh wait, that is what the Rockstars are for.

Brittany said...

wow! sound like a fun-filled trip! cute pics, esp of the kiddoes in front of the temple! when i went it wasn't built yet. i feel jipped! glad you'll keep reese! :) he sure is a cutie!