
The famous words of Cinderella,(which, by the way, hangs in Reagans room over her door),we have found to be great advice. The journey for these shoes started in the summer. Reagan was given her summer schedule for gymnastics one day after school ended in May. With tears in her eyes she handed me the gruelling schedule and told me she did not want to spend her whole summer in the gym! We always said when you have enough that will be the time to quit. This was her time!!With a heavy heart she hung up her gym leotards. As a mother this was difficult for me. She was a great gymnast but I knew she would be a great anything else. I remember telling her, "Reagan, you will find another love, I promise!"
Soccer season was approaching and she signed up. Not knowing much about the sport, she showed up at practice with the cutest pink cleats. She had to have the PINK ones!!!The season progressed and she became more familiar with the sport, scoring a few goals, being very aggressive with girls twice her weight and height. She impressed her coach as well as Todd and I. Her coach spoke a few words as he handed her this seasons trophy he said," When Reagan showed up on the field that first practice, she ran up with pink cleats and was doing back flips on the field, I was really worried BUT, she's had a great season and is probably one of the toughest girls I have ever coached." As she finished out her season on Saturday, she scored a goal without that famous pink cleat. Why you ask? Because the 120 lb defender slammed into her as she was approaching the goal and she lost that famous PINK cleat. She scored the goal without it and thats when I realized she found her "NEW LOVE"! We are proud of you Reagan!!


8 comments:
I love it!!!! Reagan- you ROCK girl!! A girl has got to have a signature look- especially when creaming the other team!! Way to go!
Yea Reagan! Way to kick:)
Way to go Reagan! Shoes, or no shoes, you've got heart :c).
Caroline has the same sign in her room! Her pointe shoes used to be those shoes and they were traded for her running shoes! I love this entry, you and Caroline have paralleled each other this year in many ways! Pink shoes ROCK!! GO REAGAN!!
Oh, I love that post! I love soccer and am so glad that Reagan has found the joy of playing soccer. Yeah! And as for the pink cleats - hello, why did they not have those when I played?
She looked great out there in those pink cleats!
Hi stranger, I am sorry it has been so long. I miss you guys. I miss the gym you have no idea. I am a working mom now so that takes up all my days. I hope everything is going well for your cute family. I will be better at the blogging thing now I promise. love ya and miss ya tell everyone hi for me.
WOW! I love the pink cleet! Sounds like this girl could do anything she put her heart/mind to--what a cutie!
Post a Comment